When does fantasy cross the line into something dangerous?
Growing up in the 90s, a major cultural mantra is "if it doesn't affect you, why do you care?"
In general, I think that is great to live by. I don't have the time or energy to be poking my nose in people's business.
But as I age I realize that there are things that theoretically "not my problem" but are also socially harmful. The anecdote about sex doll that is decorated in fake bruises because some men like enacting abuse on sex dolls is disgusting. While in theory owning a sex doll that you fantasize about abusing does not affect me, there is something very unsettling and creepy about encouraging fetishizing violence against women (and children). And, I'm not convinced that someone who fake-abuses a sex doll will not escalate to abusing a real person.
Legally, it is none of my business. But I do think we need to be taking things like this more seriously.